The project “Prevention of corruption in the activities of public authorities” is aimed at improving the competence of public officials and employees of penal institutions, raising awareness of anti-corruption legislation, strengthening cooperation in corruption preventing activities between civil society organizations and government. A number of workshops, surveys, round tables for public officials, employees of penal institutions and NGOs, publication of practical recommendations were conducted within the framework of the Project.
The project has implemented the following activities:
- five one-day trainings for public officials (including officials authorized to detect and prevent corruption, staff members) of local government in Lviv region, employees of the penitentiary system on “Important aspects of fighting corruption in local government” (15-17 participants in each workshop, 75-85 participants in total);
- one-day training for representatives of NGOs working in the field of prevention of corruption on “Corruption prevention: opportunities for the public” (15 participants);
- round table “Mechanisms of cooperation between NGOs and local authorities in the fight against corruption” on cooperation in corruption preventing activities between civil society organizations and local authorities (20 participants);
- final one-day workshop (20 participants);
- survey of public officials regarding awareness of the concept of conflict of interest, anti-corruption policies and practices in the institutions in which they work (65 respondents);
- development and publication of practical recommendations about prevention of corruption in local government (300 copies).
Project goal: ensure the effectiveness of detection and prevention of corruption by raising awareness of public officials and representatives of NGOs about anti-corruption legislation, and by public participation in the corruption prevention activities.
- Improving the competence of employees of penal institutions and public officials with power to implement control functions.
- Ensuring public participation in the corruption prevention activities.
- Improving cooperation between NGOs and local authorities.
- Informing the public about the anti-corruption mechanisms.
The total budget of the project: $ 8372
The project was supported by the U.S. Embassy – Democracy Small Grants Program